The Lakes Building Company has been a staple in the Wakatipu basin for over 10 years. We focus on delivering high-end quality builds to great clients. With a number of award-winning builds under our belt, we take pride in the work we deliver.
What the role involves
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Queenstown’s leading building companies. The position involves working on mid to high-end new builds and renovations in and around Queenstown. In this role, you will work alongside a close-knit crew to deliver high-end building work for our clients. You will work with our team of sub-contractors as needed, as well as working top to bottom across builds from foundational work to finishing. This creates good diversity on the daily.
What’s in it for you?
- Our staff are the most pivotal part of our business, we always work closely with our teams to build mutual respect.
- Weekly toolbox meetings to shoot the shit (and actually get some work done)
- Use of our fully kitted workshop
- We pride ourselves on progression and are always looking for areas to improve
- Enjoy working alongside good people who like to get it done
- Good pay rates
What we expect from you
- Be courteous, on-time daily and ready to get stuck in.
- Maintain a high level of communication with your foreman, raising any issues as quickly as possible, we’re not big fans of beating around the bush.
- If you make a mistake, that’s no worries it happens to the best of us, but you must own it and let your foreman know.
- 35-45 hours per week Monday to Friday
- A can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and great interpersonal skills
- Ability to read/understand plans and specifications.
- Must be a qualified residential builder.
- Must have your own kit of quality tools.
Personality & Culture Fit
- Relaxed yet professional.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments.
- Energetic, enthusiastic with a positive attitude and desire to progress.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
- Dedicated to quality service and solutions focused.
- Be a legend.
If the above sounds like a bit of you, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must hold a valid NZ resident or work visa
Send your CV to Stu at email@example.com.